Fabulous fashion et al, from designer to high street, as Monoir sees it.



Thursday 27 January 2011

Thankyou India

Spending the last 1.5 years in London searching for a dream Fashion Buying position but proving unsuccessful (for now) after interviews with Yasmin Sewell, Topshop (Arcadia Group), Acne and Jaeger to name but a few I was at a loss for where to search next, nursing a broken spirit and a demotivated soul.

Cue: unintential spiritual journey. And I found everything I needed and more in India.

Ashrams, yoga, meditation, ridiculously inspiring people, a Reiki course, detox, hug from Amma and forced reflection has made me the most content I've ever been in my life. Please remind me of this in the future if I become less 'zen'!

While finding my inner peace I also managed to scope out some fashion finds. Definately will be popping back for more in the near future hopefully. Being taught that ultimate bliss and consciousness is loss of ego and becoming unattached from anything in life, fashion can feel like it's at the opposite end of the spectrum. But I have always believed the positive effect you have from feeling confident about what you're wearing goes beyond ego. It is your soul reflecting who you really are. And that's absolute inner truth. So I encourage you to look in the mirror every morning and really see yourself, be content that you are in the right place in that very moment and love the soul reflected in the image that stares back at you.
Ommmm shanti.


Credit to Jonathan Clifford for his amazing photos, top three, taken in North India on a separate journey but at the same time in November 2010.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment