Fabulous fashion et al, from designer to high street, as Monoir sees it.



Thursday 20 January 2011

Because COS


Enamel and silver square braclets (GBP12 each) I wish I'd purchased.


Again, a skirt I wish I'd added to my collection last season. Crochet with a plastic feel (GBP49).

A great take on the Burberry zip-at-the-waist winter coat (GBP150).

 
James Bond cool. Men's blazer (GBP175).

Dress with oversized bow (GBP99).

 
Hipster cool. Ankle length chinos (GBP79).

In my opinion, COS (Collection of Style) is the best high street label in the UK. Only young, it opened in 2007 with the first store on Regent St London, still the flagship. I'm enamoured by its consistent design aesthetic, creating beautifully simple pieces, wearable day and night. The brands clean cut design doesn't stop there, incorporating the look into the store interior (simplicity at its best, by interior architect William Russell). And this is what the recession has brought...a minimalist trend. They say, the brand is 'for women and men who want high fashion with good quality, at an affordable price'. COS begins where H&M (it's parent company, based in Sweden) ends. Taking pride in fair trading, 80% is manufactured in Europe and 20% Asia. When I interviewed with Yasmin Sewell, she was also a big fan, as is purse-friendly blogger of Wearing it today, Laura Fantacci. Visit http://www.cosstores.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment